Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010: Year in Review

I've never really been one to go crazy for the whole New Year celebration thing. In fact, off the top of my head there are really only two years that come to mind in which I actually bothered to stay up until midnight. Sorry for those of you which actually celebrate Jan 1st but personally, I can't think of a more anticlimactic "holiday" that New Years. However, who am I to judge....to each their own I guess.

Anyway, below are a collection of photos which I think best describe my 2010. Weird to think of all the stuff that has happened over the last 365 days. Makes you wonder what 2011 has in store.

For 2010 I returned to the University of Colorado Boulder. Not many highlights from my time there except this epic hike my roommate Doug Cushnie and I did in the early fall in Rocky Mountain National Park. In the span of one day we managed to hike fifteen miles, ascend/descend a total of 10,000ft and wrestle a bear into submission. Ok, Ok. Only two of those accomplishments are true. In all honesty I think the hike was only thirteen  miles.


This year, like 2009, I was once again racing for the (now re-named) Team Ora p/b Independent Fabrication.
To date, this is summer was probably the most fun I had riding my bike--though with such a great group of people to share the experience with that shouldn't be a surprise. Bummed that I won't be seeing that much of these guys in 2011. Keep an eye out for these colors at the races next summer. They will probably be beating you.


 It was hard to find one photo which could sum up my entire experience in Italy. This once was selected merely because it was taken in one of the cooler towns I went to--L'Aquila. Studying abroad was definitely an experience which I will never forget and definitely helped bring about many of my 2010 highlights. One day I will return.....maybe 2011? 

While it is impossible to say what 2011 will hold, I can only hope it can live up to the memories of 2010. I like to think that each successive year of my life will be better than the last. Wishful thinking perhaps, but harmless none the less.

Happy New Year Everyone!

E



No comments:

Post a Comment