Monday, November 29, 2010

Funny Stories Worth Listening To

Recently I've been really into iTunes podcasts. Over the last few weeks I've amassed quite the collection of "stations" including NPR's "Fresh Air," "Story of the Day," "This American Life," "Wait, Wait...Dont' Tell Me," and "Rick Steves Travel Guide." However, my most recent find is one that I feel the need to share.

While listening to NPR I heard a story about a weekly show called "The Moth" in which members of the crowd came up and--without notes--told stories about their lives. As a concept it seemed rather interesting so I looked it up online and wound up downloading the podcast.

After listening to a few podcasts I'm pretty hooked. The stories are pretty diverse and can range from extremely funny to extremely sad. Either way, by the time one is over you're really looking forward to the next one....like a book you can't put down.

Anyway, I don't know if my description captivated you--I doubt it did--but you can check out the website and make up a decision for yourself.....and, if you're still interested you should get the podcast

http://www.themoth.org/

E

No comments:

Post a Comment