Friday, August 27, 2010

I Swear, This Isn't a Vanity Thing

So, I've finally done it. After years of refusing to do so, I have finally broken down and started a blog. Sad...I know. Personally, there has always been something about starting my own blog that has bothered me. However, that's not to say I don't like them. To be honest, I happen to have many friends with their own blogs which I find very interesting (and check quite often for updates). Still, writing a blog--to me--is in many ways an activity which requires the writer to fool themselves into thinking 1) that they have something interesting to write about and 2) that people will ACTUALLY care. Already, I can state--with confidence--that I am NOT an interesting person and that very few people--other than my Mom--will care one iota about what it written on this blog. Personally, I'm fine with that.

Why then would I ever start a blog? Well, for the next 3 months starting September 2nd I will be studying abroad in Perugia, Italy  and as opposed to being a loner and keeping a daily "personal" journal I decided to share my story with anyone who happens to stumble upon this page (let's be honest though, only my Mom will ever read this). I'll use the term "share" loosely since I can't guarantee a steady stream of updates...I can however guarantee that I'll try.  Feel free to post comments...I only ask it's nothing stupid (Doug, this means you!). Also, one of my goals while abroad is to send 100 postcards so if you want to get one then send me your address (you can do this via e-mail if you dont want it to be displayed on a public forum)

Until next time,

E

1 comment:

  1. Scintillating reportage, and the pizza oven makes my mouth water. Mmmm. Learn the Italian pizza makers' secrets. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete